Friday, July 25, 2014

Five for Friday Linky!

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching!



Today after cheer practice, I spent some serious time working on things in my classroom. 

This first bulletin board is going to be for my Cultural Diversity course I get to teach. The class itself is still a work in progress. As of right now I have the first project and the final project planned. This bulletin board will be the host of our classroom tree. The first couple days of school students will research their culture and answer a few basic questions. They will put their info on a "leaf" which we will add to our tree. Now all I have to do is figure out how to design a tree out of paper. :)

This second bulletin board took me FOREVER to put together. I may be teaching 6th grade, but I am cross-curricular. Everyone else on my grade-level team teaches one subject. This board will be to post our daily agenda, homework, and my point system for classroom management. My lovely friend Hannah shared this wonderful link with me from Teach. Inspire. Change. This is a whole-class behavior system where students can earn seconds towards their time. Their ultimate goal is to reach 15 minutes where they will be allowed to play semi-subject related games. Hopefully this is something I can keep up with and the students will be excited about!

I'm working on some cute t-shirts for my cheerleaders. 
The colors will be slightly different but I'm super excited for them to get them!!!


I just finished reading this book...            Now I'm waiting for this book... to arrive :)
What can I say?? I LOVE a good mystery!


I discovered these beautiful expectation posters  from Lessons With Laughter . I'm debating how I want to display them in my room. I thought about finding some cheap frames to hang them with or some wooden frames from Michaels that I could spray paint and then modge podge on. Ohhhh the ideas!


And finally, it's messages like these that really make me smile :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your behavior system board! I’m gearing up for a big giveaway on my blog on August 11 - come stop by so you don’t miss it!!
    Sarah
    Beyond The Gradebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pretty board that will include the behavior management system! Thank you for sharing! You may have inspired me to make mine prettier this year ;) Good luck with the first year! Keep a journal of everything - it'll be hysterical to look back on :)

    Caitlin from Teach. Inspire. Change.

    ReplyDelete