Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Meet the Teacher Monday.... uhmm... Wednesday

So I kicked my morning off with some coffee (of course) and cheer practice with my middle school girls. They have come so far and are incredibly fun to work with! The rest of my afternoon will be spent on Instagram and searching Blogs!

Now, I know I may be a few days late but I found this Meet the Teacher Monday linky on The Ordinary to Extraordinary Classroom. Let me start by saying that I know I am not the only one who can not keep their days straight in the summer. And now... I only have 8 days left. :( Teacher meetings start August 1st with our first day being the 12th. Where did my summer go?!

So, here are the rules: 
  • Take the time to respond to the questions/prompts on your blog.
  • Return to The Ordinary to Extraordinary Classroom blog and link up.
  • Check out the blogs of at least two other MTTM participants
  • Have fun!
Meet the Teacher Monday
(or in this case... Wednesday)


1. What's your summer teacher persona? 
  • Slacker Teacher:catching up on every episode of everything you wanted to watch during the school year 
  • Mommy-On-The-Go: consumed with your children's extracurricular activities
  • Summer Fun Teacher:hanging with friends and traveling the world
  • Overachiever Teacher:Making TPT products, preparing your classroom, you never really took a break
I am without a doubt, the Slacker Teacher. I've been catching up on TV series and every book I wanted to read since the beginning of last school year. I've spent the majority of my summer transition from my bed to the couch. Now, I will say that I have spent some time traveling to DC, Annapolis, and Pennsylvania to visit family. I also spent some time of the 4th in St. Louis to catch The Fray performance at Fair St. Louis. So maybe I'm not a total slacker. Most of July has been spent at cheer practice. I've spent a total of two days on school stuff and that was just unpacking my new classroom.

2. It's a sunny day in July. Your schedule is wide open, so you decide to?

Spend the entire day on the couch reading, watching ABC Family, and taking naps on the couch curled up with my furbabies. I'm not a major ourdoorsy person and I burn easily in the sun, so I prefer the beautiful, wonderful air conditioning of my house.

3.What is your favorite summer thirst quencher?

Now normally I would say a good 'ol strawberry daiquiri or a nice route 44 Sonic Slush, but seeing as I have a wedding in a year and my dress has already arrived, I am living off of H20.

4. Where will you be soaking up the summer sun? Have you planned any vacations? 

I spent a good week and a half visiting family in Annapolis, DC, and Pennsylvania. Other than that, I would have loved to have gone to the beach.

5. Any summer reads, professional and personal?

Nothing professional for me. I save that for the school year. Tell the Wolves I'm Home was one of the best books I've read recently. I also knocked out We Were Liars in one night. If you liked Gone Girl , then you should check out We Were Liars. Other than that, I've read quite a few young adult books that will be making an appearance in my classroom library this year.

6. What does your summer TV habits consist of?

Pretty Little Liars, Switched at Birth, The Fosters, Finding Carter, Hell's Kitchen, Party Down South, Girl Meets World, The Strain, Botched, Master Chef, and Tyrant. The fiance and I love to watch a wide-range of things.

7. Favorite Summer song of 2014?

"I'm Ready" by AJR
I'm not sure what it is about this song, but it always makes me smile!


2 comments:

  1. I stopped by to check out your blog! I added you and cannot wait to follow you this year! Please stop by, add as a friend, and enjoy the rest of your summer!
    Kimberly~
    liftpackages.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha you sound like me, I would definitely fit into more of the slacker teacher category. Unless you count shopping and crafting as super productive :) I love Pretty Little Liars too, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one over the age of 16 that loves it! Looking forward to following your blog.
    Emily
    Love and the Librarian

    ReplyDelete