Thursday, August 7, 2014

Stress, Classroom and Some Donors Choose

I haven't been this stressed out in a long time.
It's not only the fear of a new year... but it's also a new school and a new grade level.
Let's be honest. There's a BIG difference between 4th and 6th graders.

However, with all that stress, I could not be any happier with my new "family".
This new school has offered nothing but kind words and support.

And it feels amazing to be able to do my own thing.
No more complaints about us not all doing the exact same thing, at the exact same time.
Oh the joys of Middle School.

My classroom is getting closer to being ready to go.
Unfortunately, I don't know when the bookshelves my school ordered me will be in.
It's driving me nuts that I can't finish my room until then.

My lesson plans are just about done too.
Again, it is wonderful to have such a supportive team. :)

 As a secondary teacher, I have the opportunity to receive 24 copies of the Truman Award Nominees.
These books are great for kids this age because it's usually something they can relate to.
When finished, the board will have copies of the covers of all the books.
It's also going to be a tweet was where students can leave "tweets" as reviews of the books.
I can't wait to finish everything!! :)

Did I mention that I'm a 6th grade teacher teaching ALL of the subjects?
This is my science wall.
Scientific method and lab team roles all courtesy of The Science Penguin.

This is probably my favorite part of my room right now. 
I LOVE my expectation frames. <3 <3 <3
The baskets will be for each class to turn in work.
I'm also super excited I was able to get a horseshoe table for small groups!! :)

Anyway... 
I am EXHAUSTED!!!
This week has been super long. I've put in about 10 hour days.
This weekend will be full of much needed rest and relaxation!!!

But first...
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check out my first ever Donors Choose project
Visit my Donors Choose Project Page to donate.
I'm really hoping to get more Truman Award Nominee books and the next ones in their series.
Your donation will help my students immensely!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment